What is SEO optimization?
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is the process of content creation in such a way that makes online search engines display our website higher on the result page. We usually think that a high-quality content itself would be enough. Of course, this is the basis of every good material. Sadly, there is always a “but”. The number of Internet users increases with rates we cannot even imagine. Therefore, the amount of publications also keeps growing, blending our content with hundreds of other similar posts. This makes it less likely to appear on Google’s first page. The only solution is to always stay on track with the new technological tools and advancements.
We offer 10 solutions for achieving better results on Google:
- Use clear and concise headlines that include the key theme of your content. We are speaking of SEO, right? Look at the headline of this article… our description… our subheadings. Can you see what we did there?
- Use shorter sentences. It is hard to admit it, but this is maybe our greatest weakness. We have a lot to share, and we want to do it in great detail. However, the texts should be easily readable. The “more easily digested” the sentences, the better.
- Separate your texts into paragraphs with subheadings. Just like the human brain, the algorithmic programs recognize such separations. Create sub themes in the main text and highlight those with subheadings.
- Highlight what’s most important! Underlined, italicized or bold texts always grab the attention. The users focus on those and remember them. This helps them understand what you are trying to say and makes them go back to your website. The result? More clicks and more points for you to score higher on the search engines.
- Original content. Do not copy and paste. Just like your high school teachers, the search engines are not big fans of plagiarism. Create your own content and always cite your sources. The web space values the different and original ideas.
And now… a bit for those who are more advanced
- Use “helpers” for SEO optimization. If you are creating a web site, install SEO optimization plugins. There are numerous free plugins that would do the trick. One we would recommend is Yoast SEO, which we have used for this website as well.
- Include both internal and external links. Encourage actions. Add links to specific words in your text to boost your website’s interactivity. Include hyperlinks that navigate the user to your other web pages or to an external source that provides more information. *A good trick is to add hyperlinks to e-shops.
- Permalinks- the ability to create meaningful links. Permalink is the web address where your content can be found. Most of the systems for website building allow for the customization of this setting. If this applies to you, always put the name of the post or the publication’s name. This would ease the process of the search engines to link the headline with the link that forwards the users to the web page in question. Here is an example. We can divide the title of this article into 4 words: SEO, optimization, golden rules. In this case, a good permalink would be “the name of the website/SEO-optimization-rules”. In case someone is designing your website, we would recommend issuing an SEO report.
- Key words and phrases. Choose a key phrase and use it throughout the different subsections and paragraphs. If you are using a SEO plugin, indicate this key phrase there as well.
- Trust external providers of SEO services. We live in a world of services. If SEO optimization proves to be a challenge for you, simply find a trust-worthy provider that may be able to fulfill your demands.